Republicans: Where do you stand on immigration (work visas, American jobs for Americans, citizenship).?

The TRUTH?

outside the law,

and

far apart from human rights.

Immigration: Fine with me, but don't reward people for breaking our laws. Make it easier for God-fearing, hard-working, law-abiding families to immigrate.

Work visas: Should be issued only when there are no Americans seeking that kind of work.

Citizenship: Should be available to all who love this country.

Help the right winger immigrants get in and help the current left winger citizens get out

• Jenny

All immigration should be legal. Anyone illegal should be deported.

We let in 1 million immigrants a year.

We need a moratorium on immigration for awhile until we get things under control. We did this before when we were over capacity and to assimilate those already here. And they were white.

• Jenny

I agree with all of that. I didn't say it will happen...I said we need it.

Legal immigration is good for the country. Work visas should be granted. The lie that conservatives are against immigration is a campaign of disinformation, orchestrated by the far left.

• 6 months agoReport

Why is it good for the country? It's horrible for everyone except big business by getting cheap labor.

• Stuart

BBC.com › world-us-canada-48406296 US judge blocks funds for Trump border wall plan - BBC News May 25, 2019 · A US federal judge has temporarily blocked the use of defence department funds to build a border wall between the US and Mexico. The judge granted the injunction to block the use of $1bn

• Jeff D

I've got no problem with immigration or immigrants, as long as they're legal.

The USA currently allows about 1 million LEGAL immigrants each year. And based on country of origin, about 90% of them are black and brown.

And Republicans are generally fine with that. So no, Republicans aren't racists. You rarely hear them complain about legal immigration, other than maybe we should let more people in on merit and less on chain migration.

But we gotta shut down the massive illegal immigration. Not just catch and return them, but prevent them from even entering. We need to build a barrier of some sort. A Big Beautiful Wall with a moat and alligators in the moat, or whatever will keep them from coming in. If it's numerous barriers and guard towers every mile or whatever, then that's what it takes.

And yes, I know about 50% come in on Visas and overstay them. Maybe we need to restrict that, or put some sort of safeguard on their return, like requiring BAIL that is confiscated if they do not return.

I'm against all non Caucasian immigration.

• 6 months agoReport

Not everyone on the right is a globalist cuckservative.