How to tell if you have appendicitis?

I have lower right pain just near my hip bone. I am dizzy, feel sick, cold and clammy. The pain is like a radiating pain, throbbing.

My doctir thought I had a hernia last week and has referred me for an ultrasound but I feel so ill and stommach has started hurting since then.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

You have the symptoms of appendicitis. You seriously need to go to a hospital and get checked out. Do not wait until your ultrasound. Hope you start feeling better.

• 5 months ago

You have some of the symptoms of appendicitis. You need to go to the hospital tonight and let them figure out what is wrong with you. The risk of appendicitis is that your appendix can burst, flooding your abdominal cavity with bacteria. That's a life-threatening condition. The sick/dizzy/coldness sensations that you are experiencing can be symptoms of sepsis and you do NOT want to mess around with that.

Source(s): Personal experience -- I've had an appendectomy and sepsis (at different times). The sepsis developed in the hospital after surgery and cost me a leg.
  • 5 months ago

I agree, you need to go to the ER and get diagnostics now, not later on.

• 5 months ago

Appendicitis can be very hard to diagnose by symptoms alone. Go to an ER now. The cold and clammy symptoms alone are a major concern. That's often the first symptoms of shock, internal bleeding, or septicemia. Don't take any chances and do not drive yourself.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Lie on your back on your bed. Gently pull in your abdomen. Now poke your finger into your gut 2 inches to your right and 2 inches down from your navel, then release it suddenly. If it hurt when you pushed it in, read on. If it hurt when you released it, get yourself to a hospital.

Put your hands behind your head. Continue to pull in your abdomen and raise your rib cage. If that relieves it, you have trapped wind. Stay there for ten minutes - it might get a bit noisy. Try to cut down on the amount of sugar and fat in your diet.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Idk sorry I just need to answer random questions

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.