Spike
Spike asked in HealthOptical · 5 months ago

What The Best Way To Use To Wipe Your Eyeglasses?

Every time so often I go for a new pair I always wonder that what and what not to use to wipe dry your eyeglasses?

Would these be good:

Bathroom towels

Hoodie(when not at home)

What about when you're out and about like at the mall or Costco. Yo nee clean your eyeglasses out of sudden. Then what would be best to use.

Online I have found it used kitchen or bathroom towels washed with NO fabric softener and those static softener that for the dryer at all. Would that be ok, what do all of you think. Nothing about when you are out for a few hours and suddenly need to rinse your eyeglass clean. Then dry with what?

• Bernd

My technique...

Rinse my glasses under running water

Small dab of soap on fingers

Wipe lenses with soapy fingers

Rinse under water

Dry with microfiber eyeglass cloth

UPDATE: if you are at Costco, they will clean them for free in the optical section. And many companies sell wrapped pre moistened wipes for the purpose. Costco has their brand. Keep in the car or pocket.

Never use paper of any type, I typically use the inside of my shirt if I don’t have a microfiber cloth with me.

Avoid paper. You want to use a clean cloth, something like a t-shirt that's smooth and lint-free. You can also buy commercial lens wipes that have cleaning fluid on them. They're easy to find in groceries and drug stores near the eye drops.

• Lita

Paper products are never a good idea as you can scratch your lenses. Cloth is good, microfiber clothes are even better or a pre moistened lens wipe.

• Mark

Bathroom towels, but I have been using something like moist towelettes that are specifically made for lenses and screens. (You can use them on computers and on TVs as well). They don't have a huge amount of alcohol in them (so they won't cloud the plastic), yet dry VERY quickly. Before I throw them away, I give my upper face and eyebrow area a quick wipe, too, to reduce any "human grease" that might make the lenses dirty too quickly.

A soft lint-free cloth.

Use a lint free cloth. Carry one with your and just breathe on the lenses and wipe. Do not use towels or cloth or paper unless designed for a lens.