? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 6 months ago

Does anyone despair of life because cute, harmless lifeforms like squirrels get eaten by other animals?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Apparently you're unaware of the fact that squirrels will eat anything that can't run fast enough to get away from them. That includes small birds and small mammals and no doubt wounded animals. I personally don't find squirrels either cute or harmless; they're ruthless opportunists as are all wild animals.

• Larry K.
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I think it's far more despairing to consider what humans do to all lifeforms!

• Athena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

AH, so warthogs DESERVE to die slow painful deaths but squirrels do not.

I see where YOU are coming from.

• 6 months ago

Squirrels are certainly cute but they are far from harmless.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, when you understand nature you root for both predator and prey. It creates a balance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. I despair of life because people are unable to distinguish between cute, harmless lifeforms

and vermin

• 6 months ago

sometimes, but its also just the way nature is

• 6 months ago

No. Predators and prey have always existed. It is just the way it is.

• 6 months ago

harmless? Heck no....THEY USED TO LIVE in our attic doing their business up there....we had to fix up all the holes they chewed in the wood and PUT ON A NEW ROOF...NOW THEY RUN in yard sometimes but they cant get in up above anymore THANK GOD...the last thing I want is them nesting making more varmints!! ick gross

• 6 months ago

This would be a very lame attempt at equating hunter and prey to the pro-life position...if that's what you're trying to do.

• 6 months ago

Ever heard the phrase "Way of the world?"

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'll be honest, I am a little bit sad about that. I'm also a little bit sad that so many of them die crossing the road. I wish there was a feasible plan to stop all this.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Near where I live the local authorities have experimented with slinging a rope across the road from treetop to treetop so the squirrels never need to come down to the road at all. it works quite well.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.