Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 6 months ago

Do I give a chubby guy a chance (online relationship)?

I've been talking to this guy I met online for 3 months & we happen to graduate from the same school (hes 19 im 18) We started chatting everyday then he suddenly confessed to me that he loves me & my personality tho we've never met, we have been planning but never made it. now, im moving to another country where he also happens to be from & hes visiting probably 6 months after or so. im so hesitant bc i feel like im wasting my time if i continue talking to him like this bec u cant just start sth with someone youve never met but i feel that hes very understanding and loving but idk people can be anything online, & im afraid ill become naive. what to do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

i am of the opinion that i come to love someone, by caring for them, person to person, over a very long period of time.

you are trying to use the cook-book method, that is you are going down a list reading special qualities you are looking -for in a person, and seeing if all of the ingredients exist in this dream-person.

this could be a complete scam. a game played by a complete stranger, that might be [1]. a serial-killer, [2] cat-fishing scam, [3] the biggest fraud to bilk you of your money.

take care and use you deepest common sense. do not date this person or meet this person alone, take a reasonably bright girlfriend or couple to aid you when you meet them.

just saying, that your life is precious, and that perhaps in the current environment, you should take care to protect it.

• nikki1234
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

forgot to mention the sex-trade's white-slavery campaign; be careful and check this guy out with the local police. take a picture of him and mail it to the police for identification, and when you go out , for instance, on a date, take a picture and send it to a "someone you know" who cares .

• 6 months ago

Up to you but if you chose to meet him, be careful.

Now at days people use the internet to meet people. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it dont. Just be very cautious

• 6 months ago

His love is as real as unicorns.

• 6 months ago

Get away from him, these online relationships end up mostly in failure. Where a person simply base the judgement behind the screen.

If he really does loves you, and shows interest then he will involve people from his family to let them know that he is interested in you. Not play a hanky pinky 'love' game, which technically speaking is haraam as well (outside marriage).

It may be difficult for you to back out, since he knows your emotional weaknesses and thrives on them. And while you both have shared enough about each other, but it is the best. Or else living in such relationships outside marriage is like living a life of hell. Which involves anxiety, stress and mental frustration.

So yes, move away from him. And save yourself from the useless hassle.

peace out.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zol
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why did you mention that he's chubby? Does that have any bearing on the rest of your question? Is his chubbiness a problem for you?

No harm meeting him. If you already like him from online, & already have that first contact established, then you're already in a relationship of sorts.

Maybe agree to meet him, but have someone else you trust with you when you do. Of course you may be wasting your time, but if it's a big effort for him to get where you are to see you he's obviously interested enough to make that effort

• 6 months ago

Anyone who tells you they love you but have never actually met you is a desperate loser.

• Common sense. How can you fall in love with someone you have never met in person? The whole idea is ridiculous. I am not saying you would not fall in love at some point.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.