What s the best gaming console to buy for a new gamer?

The last time I owned a gaming console was when I had the Wii and the gamecube. I always wanted to buy an actual gaming station but I m a girl and my parents didn t think a girl should play video games, so they bought my brothers every gaming console on the market and I got makeup or clothes for Christmas *sad violin*. Now I m on my own in college and I really want to buy a system. I don t want to spend more than 250$ (so I can spend money on games too) so I m going to try to buy a pre-owned console. What is the best gaming console to buy?

side note - I m not looking to play with other people online so I don t really care about that aspect

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Maybe the 3ds. The swtitch. The xbox. The ps4.

• 5 months ago

Ps4. If you like horror survival then days gone is the way to go. Red dead redemption 2 is cool too.

• 5 months ago

Decide which games appeal to you, and buy the console that supports them.

• 5 months ago

I'd say go for the Switch. It's both a console for hooking up to your TV and a handheld portable system, so you can play it on a big screen or take it on the go. It also has Nintendo's stellar first-party support and has received remastered versions of almost every major third-party game. It also has the best indie developer scene out there.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

If you liked the Wii and Gamecube games, then look into the Switch. It's more than your $250 price, but if you go pre-owned you may be able to make that mark.

Find the games that you want to play, then buy the system to match it.

• 5 months ago

Just get a ps3 or 360. It's nice to go into a game store and come out with a handful of great games for less than £10.

• jimmy
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

PlayStation 4 hands down is the best for single player games.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.