Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

Is it true general consent laws don't apply in porn?

My brother (18) decided to participate in a gay porn job where they pay straight guys to participate in gay sex. Long story short he described it as being the worst decision he ever made and that he felt violated as the shoot went on. He said it started out as one thing but escalated and when he hesitated about certain aspects of the shoot, the director/producer or whatever told him that since he consented to the shoot that he had consented to what all they we doing. I dont really want to get into the details of it but the whole "safe word" thing was a joke, and even though, in the end, they paid him what they said, he didnt consent to most of what was done.

Before anyone goes on a rant about how he got what he deserved and that what happened was a result of dumb decisions for quick cash. He was a mess afterwards and even though he told me he was gonna do it beforehand, it took him over a week to talk about it afterwards. I already lectured him and it didnt do any good but just upset him more since he was already blamming himself to begin with. I feel bad and want him to maybe take legal action but idek if he could do that since he did sign a contract and took the money.

For clarity: Due to the nature of the film, part of the reason he was uncomfortable with how things escalated, why the producer/director said what he did, and why there was a "safeword" to begin with, is because he literally couldn't just up and leave. He was physically forced to stay until they finished the shoot.

I agree, it was gullible/stupid on his part but as I said, reiterating that doesn't help the matter at this point. I'm just asking if there if there is anything to be done?.

I doubt he can take legal action.

Deeper is not a safe word

What in the holy hell did he think he would be doing in a gay film, knitting a scarf? How stupid to cry foul now after he was simply ask to do the job hired for!

• Z

He wants to eat his cake and have it. Participate in gay porn, cash in the money, and still be the innocent victim running to his sis for help.

• art

your brother is offically a GAY now

BS. no he is NOT straight. No straight male WILL EVER have sex with another male. It doesn't matter if he needs the money, or not!!!

His sexual orientation is either bi-sexual, or homosexual, I don't think he is a prostitute. I think he is an actor who works in the adult industry.

He is a stupid f/a/g/g/o/t who doesn't even know what his own sexual orientation is. Enough with the violated BS! You know he likes to give head just like females. Maybe he did doggy style, and had a huge pecker go up his anus. C*m shots well that's a work of art. Did he swallow any?

Remember he DID sign a contract, and he agreed to do what the Director, and producer wanted him to do, and he also took the money.

I think he should do it again, and again, and again. It's quick cash right, so what does he care.

No, he is not straight. He is either bi-sexual, or homosexual. Straight males will never have sex with other males. If he was straight then I think he would have asked about having sex with a female.

• Z

It's really about preference. His preference is women, he did the gay stuff for money. So by orientation, he's straight. But by profession, he's a gay male prostitute.

He could have just said no.

he rnight not be able to take legal action if he didnt sign a contract

If he were truly forced into doing things I think he'd have a case but when push comes to shove he did consent to do everything because he did it. Nobody put a gun to his head they simply threatened not to pay him and put on a bit of peer pressure, but if he had just flat out said no, he wouldn't do it, then he could've left. Also, what exactly did the consent form say?

No harm in asking a lawyer on this one, I think the porn company's conduct was deplorable but I don't feel great about his chances on this one.

• alan P

I'm not quite sure why straight people are prepared to be "gay for pay" but just because you agree to be in a video doesn't give the film makers permission to do anything they want.

No, this is wrong. General consent laws apply everywhere, including in the sex industry. Since he was forced into doing stuff that he didn't want to do and didn't consent to, he has every right to sue the film maker, and get compensation.