Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

Using Coca-Cola in laundry to get White Underwear clean ?

Update:

The laundry attendant swears to it and says it is the best thing you can do. I personally am very hesitant to I'd rather just use some laundry soap OxiClean and bleach and let it soak for 6 to 8 hours.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Chlorine Bleach - Acid

OxyClean - Basic

Do not mix these as an explosive reaction (not fire, just energy release) could happen splattering you with either/both.

Also, mixing acidic and basic things just neutralizes both.

Coke in the wash. BS. If you were to use enough to overcome the diluting effects of the water, you'd probably wind up staining your clothes.

I have a well so the bleach (an oxidizer) brings out the dissolved rust and stains my clothes. So I use an oxygenated product (like OxyClean). It too, is an oxidizer but doesn't seem to bring the dissolved iron out of solution.

• 5 months ago

12-20 ounces of Coca-Cola in 15 gallons of water won't make it brown, much less clean anything. You can buy phosphoric acid (the only thing in Coke that would do anything and that is limited to rust stains,) at the Home Depot. It's call CLR for laundry or Concrete Etcher in a concentrated form.

• 5 months ago

In a pigs eye I'm not putting cola on myclothing! I have enough problems with my coffee. I baptise my cream colored carpet and myself daily!

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I've heard of using it as a toilet bowl cleaner in a pinch but never in the laundry.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

The laundry attendant is off his/her face on opiates.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Asinine! Try red wine instead.

• 5 months ago

Coke will remove oxidized rust on metal (like old car bumpers when they were really metal!) but I do not believe it will do any good on fabrics.

• 5 months ago

Tried it, not really that good

Tide is the only thing that helps me

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Well THAT's not going to work.

Coca-Cola already stains. At what point do you think it's normal action can be somehow flipped to do the opposite of that?

• Norman
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Nothing will drive out evil spirits from my undies.

• elhigh
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Those aren't evil spirits, they're Klingons.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.