Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

I’m lonely, miserable and ugly?

A few weeks ago, a guy in my class told me I was ugly. It wasn’t the first time he had said something like that, but that time he said it in front of the whole class. I felt really disgusted and I almost wanted to cry.

I’m really low on confidence since then. I actually don’t consider myself so ugly though. In fact, I think I’m at least cute. Some people agree with me on that, others don’t.

Almost everyone says I’m a 7/10 without makeup and a 7,5-8/10 with makeup.

Lately I feel really miserable about everything: my exterior, my whole life, etc.

Sometimes I feel so lonely..

I really want to boost my confidence up.

Do you have any tips for me?

Thank you for reading this.

Sounds like a high school or middle school issue, and there is a secret about that. Afterwards nobody cares or remembers, just jerks trying to cling to popularity. Move past it, stick to friends and positive people.

Don't listen to bullies, there will always be people like that.

I'm sure you look nice, people are just mean...

• Toruko

I've seen better but that's not what I'm comfortable with.

The cliche is to not judge books by their cover.

I,m alive,breathing and happy in my own skin

TEN YEARS LATER:

"The bully from school still takes my lunch money; but now it's at the window at the McDonald's drive thru."

Sweetheart, it's not right to allow others to abuse you (verbally or otherwise).

He must have had his share of abuse to lash out like that. Hurting people love to hurt people.

Because he is miserable, his whole life is focused on bringing others down.

You are (at least up until that moment) happy-go-lucky. Miserable people hate to be around happy people (and happy people hate to be around miserable people). Seeing you happy makes him hate you. All he wants to do is to make other people as miserable as he is... then he'll be happy.

Now: I need to smarten you up, chicky.

Why are you afraid to be unpopular???

It takes the lowest of COWARDS to fears the laughter and mockery of mere mortals.

Who cares what they think?

You have been fearfully and wonderfully made... you have been put in that body to travel through life with... who cares what other mere mortals think of it? If you lost an arm would you be less human?

ONLY ONE opinion counts. It's not theirs. It's not mine.... and it's not even yours. The one and only opinion that counts belongs to God Almighty.

Be kind to those who say nasty things to you...

If you do this, it's like someone is pouring burning coals on their heads.... they BURN because you are nice to them in the face of their cruelty.

Pray for them. Do good to those who persecute you. If they steal from you, give them more. Do not fear them. For God knows what they do and why they do it. And you.... yes, even YOU... get your identity in the Lord.... because to Him you are precious. Whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye.

"Vengeance is Mine" sayeth the Lord. "I will repay."

So don't you worry your beautiful head about it.

And whatever you do REJECT evil.

Also... and very important....

You must stand up and speak - with gentleness and respect - to anyone who tries to belittle you: say this calmly and with authority.... "You must really be hurting to lash out like that. Don't you know it's wrong to belittle others?"

You are fine. Date someone who appreciate you.

• drip

What the heck! You go around and ask people to rate your looks???

So one idiot guy in class was stupid enough to announce he though your were ugly. Who cares what he thinks.

You want to boost your confidence, quit asking everyone what they think of your looks. Absolutely stop asking people to rate your looks on a scale of 1-10.

just please yourself. Do your hair and make up and dress they way you like to.

• Brian

You know who and what you are. Embrace yourself for this! What other people think is purely their own business and has nothing to do with you really. When he says stuff like this again don't feed into it. Just ignore him. You know you're good looking so be happy with that.

Don’t worry about it. I was self conscious when younger about the number of facial moles on me. Now people compliment me on them.

give me a pic so i can tell if you're really ugly or not.