Google says Midsummer's day is on June 24.Is it not longest day,instead? True Midsummer has to be about date of July 15 (June,July,Aug /3)?

Meant to say divided be 2 (/2)

• Jenny

August 3rd seems right to me. How can June 24th be mid summer when summer starts on June 21.

Can you provide a link?

I looked it up. It's some religious thing. In some sense, you could consider the solstice midsummer. We arbitrarily call the solstice the first day of summer. You could easily see it as the middle day of summer. It might actually be more logical.

However, in our time and place and system, no, it doesn't make sense.

• Jenny

I updated my answer before you commented.

• Zirp

Midsummer or "summer solstice" aka the longest day of the year always is on or near june 21st. It's quite possible that it's june 24th this year. [ask a swede, it's a national holiday there]

There's solar midsummer, which is the solstice, and then there is the calendar midsummer, which is more arbitrary, based on human scheduling rather than meteorological events.