Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 months ago

what age do you think is appropriate to dye your kids hair?

• Best answer

When they start asking about dying it.

It should be their choice to dye their hair or not.

I didn't start dying my hair until I was 13.

I work full time, I'm not a 'punk @ss rocker'.

At least 14/15. When they are old enough to be serious about it

it's so damaging so delayed as possible

I think 13. Than they're a teenager, they can start experimenting with there look and style, start experimenting with make-up. Highlights or lowlights ect. I feel like teens usually start with that, or a tint of color to it. Even like the kind that's not permanent is good for teens. When I was like 13 or 14 I was dirty blonde and went platinum.

when they're 16 bc by then they will be old enough to work and they can pay to get it done instead of running the risk of ruining it by doing it at home.

16 years old and up probably would be good

I think before then it’s a bit too young.

temporary would definitely be the way to go for a kid for the first time! there’s nothing wrong with it, just a fun and harmless way for kids to express themselves

• C

Only if they want to.... A lot of schools don't allow hair dye or even highlights (except for redheads, but that's another story), so there's that to bear in mind, but I think a bit of fun experimenting is okay from middle school.

I wouldn’t say there is a set appropriate age, but I definitely have my own opinions. It’s important to encourage individuality within the bounds of reason. Hair chalk and sprays could be fun for kids around 12 and up. Temporary hair dye or even permanent would be better around 14 when they begin high school. However, depending on their color choice, if they are 14+, you have to consider whether or not they will get hired for jobs based on their look.

Never. Teach them to be respectable human beings and not weird àss punk rockers

• ima5 months agoReport

dyed hair dosent mean someone is a "weird àss punk rocker"