In the 1985 film Clue, is Mr. Green genuinely a homosexual?

Earlier in the film he reveals he is being bribed because he is gay, and if that were made public, he would lose his important D.C. job. Later, after killing Wadsworth, he claims he is a plant with the FBI, and at the very end of the movie, makes the remark – "I'm going to go sleep with my... show more Earlier in the film he reveals he is being bribed because he is gay, and if that were made public, he would lose his important D.C. job.

Later, after killing Wadsworth, he claims he is a plant with the FBI, and at the very end of the movie, makes the remark – "I'm going to go sleep with my wife."

Was the homosexual bit a total farce? Was the final scene an irony because he is actually a heterosexual married man, or did he say that to re-affirm with his colleagues that he is a heterosexual (minimizing the question that he is a homosexual, which would lead to him losing his job)?