PROBATE: CAN AN ATTORNEY LIE TO A 3RD PARTY?

My grandmother passed away and my father is the executive of her estate. I do not get along with my father and have reason to believe he does not want me to inherit anything. Through the court website I found the attorney representing my father for the estate case, and I asked her if I was in the Will because I... show more My grandmother passed away and my father is the executive of her estate. I do not get along with my father and have reason to believe he does not want me to inherit anything.

Through the court website I found the attorney representing my father for the estate case, and I asked her if I was in the Will because I do not trust asking my father.

The attorney told me I am not in the will. Is there any chance that they are lying to me on behalf of my fathers wishes? It seems there would be no concequence for her doing so.

If I am in the will, I believe my father would postpone informing me as long as possible so that I could not get a copy of the Will and get an estate loan. That is why I believe he’d have his attorney lie to me.