Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 5 months ago

What to do?

I am 21, but my family will not allow me to work or learn to drive. My only option is just doing community College work throughout the semester and even summer, I'm not allowed to leave the house either. Is it okay if I try to find a job in walking distance or am I still under my parents control since they claim me on taxes as well as having me tied to their food stamps?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

It is OK for you to pack your stuff and leave and never look back. It is OK for you, an adult, to do whatever you like, you do NOT need their permission to do anything.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

What an idiot you are, at 21 nobody can stop you doing anything, move out, support yourself, grow up and stop wasting your life.

• 5 months ago

Do what you want. Claiming you on taxes or food stamps does not give them any rights to "control" you.

• 5 months ago

it wont be okay to ask to leave home till youre 40. Sorry.

Source(s): Republicons said so.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

You are legal age, legally an adult. MOVE OUT. Your parents can't chain you to the house.

• 5 months ago

Throw off your parents hierarchical control over your person and assert liberty for yourself.

• 5 months ago

Your parents sound like control freaks. 21 is old enough to work.

• 5 months ago

You're an adult. Try acting like one. You're not under anybody's control.

• Kin
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Ask them why and if its because they are cautious about your safety considering your young age and just starting out college. See if you can work something out with your parents especially if you can learn to drive over this summer because at your age you should.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.