As an Anarchist what is the best method of dealing with government/authority?

Do we attempt to go off grid (again), avoiding the impure influence of immoral lifestyles of those within the legal domination system?

Or do we actively attempt to get in amongst the vulgar system to attempt a mental subversion of pro government thinkers and ultimate sabotage of its internal workings?

My worry with infiltration is beginning to humanise those who work for the government. (People who we know to be working to oppress us for the bribes of the ruling class) We (Anarchist/sympathisers) should obviously wish to remain distinct from such oppressive peoples.

To give some background, I'm ex commune myself and have previously done as much as possible to avoid dealing with legalities or other things such as any blatant marketing of my group's ideals. It was my belief that separation from government would bring me peace, active sabotage by freedom fighting groups is after all an risky business, however, the government arrested members of my commune and took away those who I held dearly to state custody.

Their heinous actions must for liberties sake surely be met with action, I simply refuse to live under the thumb of anyone and truly advocate for all out revolution, non-policed zones, collectivisation of all lands and so on. Perhaps as this seems so far from happening what we need to consider any tactical possibilities to end all forms of oppression forever.

My revolutionary ideas involve:

Grooming the young who may get into positions of power and use them as sleeper cells awaiting call to sabotage/survey internal workings.

Deliberate provocation of the gov' in order to cause reactions that make them look bad (to sway public opinion).

To take some gov' scum hostage and offer their release in exchange for those who've been taken hostage in the gov' prisons (This could be also used in context of a large anti-prison/humanitarian agenda).

We earn the right to exit the system. So earn what you need to buy a small plot of land and to build a self-sustaining "tiny house" on that property. You'll need solar panels + batteries, a gray water system to irrigate the crops you'll have to grow, a composting toilet and all that. But with some effort you can be as off the grid as you like. That's the point at which you become worthy of respect because you're actually doing it and not just complaining.

• Zirp

Form a party and participate in elections

• Snoopy

Some areas work well. E.g. at senator or supreme court level. Just trust that. Also some people abuse power but not all. I've seen honest and only one or three dishonest people misusing their authority so don't worry and start living (it's a book by Dale Carnegie).

I think some people are young in their minds and just and fair even when they get older and some people are bigoted and backwards in their minds but are young in appearance but generally I agree with you, usually younger people are less likely being swayed into acting wrong and are fairer (less intolerant to injustice) but some older people know that society can be unfair and can bring positive change so they should both work together.

buy an island and live there or make ur own like china

• The Illegalist

Buying things implies involvement in the fraud financial system however building an island is pretty rad, there is a guy who make his own island out of plastic bottles.

It really doesn't matter because guys like you always end up in prison anyway.....right next to Ted Kaczynski!

• The Illegalist

Good old Teddy was tortured by the US gov'.

Nutters are better off going off grid and stop embarrassing themselves.