Would my realtor try to sell me a bad house?

I'm shopping for my first house, and my realtor has twice tried to talk me out of what seems to be a really good house (and turned out to be a very popular, fast-selling house both times). I appreciate honest advice, but she has been very pushy about it and I feel like I'm being manipulated. This may be my cynicism getting the best of me, but is it possible she's trying to get me (an inexperienced, first-time buyer) to buy a less-than-optimal house so that more experienced buyers can snatch up the better houses since they recognize their value?

Very possible. She wants a fast sale, and that's easier if you're steered towards a junker, and not a nice place that other buyers will compete for. Take her input, but don't be bullied.

Most of the realtors are buffoons and only out for themselves. Your desires are their least concerns. You have to know what you want and work towards getting that. Unfortunately quite often you have to deal with a realtor to look at a house.

• GEEGEE

If you have the funds or qualify to get the funds for any given house, your purchase experience should have no bearing on any thing the realtor tries to push (or not push). Your scenario doesn't make much sense. But he or she may just not be the right realtor for you personality wise.

• Judy

wouldn't really make much sense

If you think that - whether it's true or not - find someone else to work with.

She works for you. If you ask her to write up an offer on any house, she should do it in a timely manner, regardless of her opus. If she won’t do that, find a different real estate agent.

Doubtful, unless your realtor is family. But it doesn't matter because like it or not, you are the boss. You make the decisions, not your agent.

I wouldn't say she's trying to push you into a less-than-optimal house so that more savvy, experienced home buyers can buy them, but there may be other reasons than that. Maybe those home buyers are willing to pay more, or she gets a bonus for selling this house versus that house, or maybe those other buyers have "easier" credit and it's a sure sale for her. There could be lots of reasons.

Bottom line, it's YOUR money and it's YOUR house, even if you don't own it yet. If you don't like her, if you're uncomfortable with her, kick her to the curb and get someone else. A mortgage is nothing to play around with, and buying a home you *kinda* like, or that someone is *willing* to sell to you, like they're doing you a favor, you don't need that.

Kick your agent to the curb and get someone else.

I don't think she wants to sell you a bad house but she may be avoiding some good houses, possibly because it might be more work for her (if the houses went into bidding wars) or possibly for other reasons (maybe she just doens't like those houses at those prices).

If you feel she is doing a bad job then tell her it isn't working out and you no longer want her to show you houses. If you signed something (buyer agency agreement probably) with her then ask her to rip it up and if she won't tell her you won't buy a house from her, you feel she has done a bad job so far and if she won't rip it up then you want to talk to her broker - she'll probably now rip it up.

Really not enough info here to say why she is avoiding some houses but if you are unhappy then find another realtor. If you aren't sure if shes doing an ok job then stay with her if you think you may still find an ok house.

Yes, just cause they’re your realtor doesn’t mean they’re for your best interests. Someone did the same thing to a relative of mine and got her in a ****** house