Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Gluten free diet is going gluten free very hard to do if you’re used to eating gluten all the time?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I have family members who cannot eat gluten without getting ill. It's certainly inconvenient but the quality of things like gluten free bread has definitely improved over the years. In restaurants and food shops awareness of the issue is much higher than it used to be.

• 6 months ago

Yea ahsokttejohrt

• 6 months ago

Depends on your diet and what you like to eat. Personally I could easily cut out bread/pasta etc and move to a more keto like diet but I know people who would struggle.

• 6 months ago

Gluten is harmless to most people, but in those with celiac disease, it can destroy the lining of the small intestine, reducing its ability to absorb nutrients. Granted, it can be disheartening to find that supermarket shelves are for the most part stocked with ‘forbidden foods.’ But do not become discouraged. Instead, concentrate on the foods that you can eat rather than on those you cannot.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Not really. There are a ton of options these days. The worst part is the extra cost.

• 6 months ago

Not necessarily. Yes, to some extend ANY dietary change is difficult particularly if your food preferences run toward that particular food. However, people who have a food intolerance generally have GI tract issues from eating that food, so there are definitely benefits and motivation.

Today, there are lots of gluten-free options, so you don't have to go completely grain or carb free. There are breads, pastas, and cereals made from oats, rice, potato, spelt, and other starches that don't have glutenand even flours made from almonds, cauliflower, and coconut. It just takes some time and effort to get used to different foods and find the "replacement" items you enjoy.

• joe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

So! Do you have a question? Are you bragging or complaining?

• lucy6 months agoReport

'is going gluten free difficult'
      I think thats a question, idiot.

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes , it is hard .

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

just dont eat it then

• 6 months ago

Any diet change is hard at first. It's hard to make new habits. But at least gluten is easy to avoid. Just look at the ingredient list and see if there's any wheat (or some products use gluten itself).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.