Phil asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

I am veagan but i eat gummy bears?

my friend says im not veagan anymore?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Gummy bears often have gelatine in them.. Which isnt vegan.

• susan
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Vegans are insufferable. It's perfectly fine for you to eat gummy bears, and it's also fine for you to consider yourself vegan. If you want to be even more precise, you could say you are "mostly vegan."

Exceptions in your case include geletan products such as gummy bears and (hopefully) being insufferable.

You might get less friction if instead you claim to be (or mostly be) vegetarian instead of vegan. Those words don't have the same meaning, and more importantly, vegetarians don't tend to care about the purity other vegetarians' habits.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You are still considered as vegan don't worry be happy!

• 5 months ago

no you arent.....gelatin comes from animals....and theres no extra A in vegan

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yeah , I do not see why not , just because it comes from a animal does not mean you cannot have it , just depends how strict you are .

• Many gummy candies have gelatin, which is absolutely not vegan or even vegetarian. How did you not know this?

If you want gummy candies that are vegan, check out Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish. They're made with pectin, which is vegan.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Don't worry. No bears were harmed in the making of gummy bears...!

• 5 months ago

Most gummy bears contain gelatin.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

There are two differing thoughts on this. On one side, some people think that the gelatin has gone through such a fundamental change that is "pareve", kosher, and vegan. Other people think gelatin is still "animally".

• Trivial One
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Gelatin is derived from an animal. No amount of processing changes that, so gelatin can never be vegetarian or vegan.

• 5 months ago

You're not vegan if you can't spell it, and you're not vegan if you eat gelatin.Check the ingredient list.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.