Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 6 months ago

Can a 13 yo & 14 yo walk alone in NYC?

I’m 13 and my brother is 14. I’ve lived here for 7 years and my brother has for 2. Is it safe for us to walk alone in NYC? I’m thinking of going to a store a couple of blocks away and wondering if it’s legal to do so. Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Of course it's legal, and it's only two blocks. Native New Yorker kids of that age walk in the city all the time.

Troll fail, dear.

• In
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is legal until you are grabbed, thrown in a trunk, and sold into slavery. It is better to walk with someone else or take a bus or train.

• 6 months ago

Yes you can walk around

• 6 months ago

Of course it's legal. Walk confidently and without catching anyone's eye.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

its legal. just be safe

• 6 months ago

Have your parents held you captive in a closet all this time? Do you go to school? I call troll on this.

Checked. Blue head. Troll. School is out and you are bored already? 7th grade was too tough for ya?

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It's not illegal.

NYC is a big, diverse city. Some neighborhoods are safe, others aren't. If you have to pass murals dedicated to dead gang-bangers on the way to the store, then it probably isn't a great idea.

That being said, it's pretty sad that a teenager in NYC hasn't walked 2 blocks to a store by himself.

• 6 months ago

It's legal but safe? Not sure

• 6 months ago

You may get the big prize. For the most bizarre question of the day

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.