Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

why is it that when I had someone I pushed them away and don't seem to want them but the minute i lose them i want them back and miss them?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

You don't know what you got until it's gone. My best friend often annoyed the absolute crap everyday to the point where I just wanted to ignore him. He leaves for 3 months tomorrow for military and won't have any communication. It makes me feel horrible that I sometimes ignored him but I hope one day he'll be back..

• 5 months ago

I assume that when you were with them, something about them annoyed you. When they were gone, that annoyance wasn't there anymore, so you kinda forgot about it. And of course, then you missed the actual good things about them that you previously took for granted. It's hard to give advice without knowing exactly what you missed about them and exactly why you didn't really like them all that much when you were with them, but if you're trying to figure out whether to date someone, then I would write it all out on paper and look at the total package. Also, it really is okay not to want to date someone even if you kinda miss them when you're not together. Dating is entirely voluntary and it is perfectly fine if you're just not that into someone, even if they are a good person.

• jessica5 months agoReport

ur right i didnt see the good things only the bad but it was just easier to see the bad and i think i pushed him away to stop being so hurt. didnt relly work. he was a good guy but i don't think he understood how to be in a relationship which was so difficult but i miss him but i think hes moved on

• Lita
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Maybe for you the thrill is in the chase but not the capture?

• 5 months ago

Its kinda human nature. Decide what you want now. If you truly want them back and can ignore the tendency (if you got them back) to push them away then tell them you made a mistake and try to get them back. If you really don't think it would work out then just keep them at a distance.

• jessica5 months agoReport

we did work so well together when we were together people even said they thought we'd be together forever. But i know if i message him telling him how i feel i know he won't care anymore, i think he stopped caring a while ago because he's kinda with someone new and was straight after we broke up

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.