Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 6 months ago

Why do you think the kid with the apple is jealous of the kid with the candy bar, keeping the doctors away you know?

Kids these days don't understand the importance of healthy eating.

Because chocolate tastes good. And what happens to our brain when we taste something good? We feel good. If We like it, we want more of it. Chocolate gives us that feeling.

At that age, and even older, we don’t really care about our health. It’s just how it is.

• Todd

Kids nowadays are no different than when I was a kid. You can replace all the vending machines, it wouldn't change anything. Kids will still find a way to eat snack food. I wouldn't worry overmuch. Kids have a high metabolism.

• audrey

Well, it would be a lot easier if so called healthy eating tasted as good as that candy bar.

Kids in the 1950's didn't understand the importance of healthy eating.

For that matter, even most ADULTS back then didn't understand the importance of healthy eating.

I think the kid with the apple is being a typical kid, being jealous of the one with the candy bar.

Mother's milk has a lot of natural sugars in it, and so does infant formula.

We prefer whatever we are USED TO eating, so the younger someone is, the more they prefer things that have sugars in them.

This is totally natural.

But it is up to the parents to train their children to get used to things that are not sugary.

My daughter, now in her 40's, has thanked me more than once for not getting sugary breakfast cereals ... for having yogurt and carrot sticks always in the fridge for snacking. Because she never got caught up in sugary foods (even though as a child she really wanted them, and occasionally I would give her some).