How much does it take to age you?

How much do you have to drink for it to age you? I’m 19 and in college so I’m at the point where I’m drinking a lot. Like once or twice a week I’ll get pretty drunk and all. Will that age me? Or is it people who drink like years and years after college of when it starts to age you?

• Toruko

Enemy bullets. Paid for that very purpose.

To age faster experience enemy artillery.

Like 122mm rockets loaded with either

sarin nerve gas or canister ball discharge.

Tomorrow you will be older than you were today. The next day you will be another day older. You're aging all the time. Nothing to do with drink.

Depends on the genetics

It is a group 1 carcinogen. If your card comes up, you will totally age within a year.

• Janet

It depends on the individual.

I have a friend who had to stop drinking when he was 23 because he broke out in a rash, and when he went to the doctor, he was told it was because his liver was failing. He had to stop drinking totally and is not in his late 60's and never had a drink after that.

At the time he got the rash, he didn't look older than he was. But if he hadn't stopped drinking, he would have been dead within 3 years.

These are the guidelines for SAFE drinking (healthy drinking is NO drinking):

Age 18-24

Females – Never more than 2 drinks per occasion, never more than 5 times a week

Males – Never more than 3 drinks per occasion, never more than 5 times a week

Why do they set these guidelines?

Just like the body, the human brain is still developing through adolescence and early childhood, until about 24 years of age. The frontal lobe is the last part of the brain to mature, and is involved in planning, strategizing, organizing, impulse control, concentration and attention. Drinking alcohol while these changes are occurring can have negative effects on the brain’s development. In addition to this risk, puberty causes hormonal and chemical changes that make adolescents more likely to engage in risky behavior and seek thrilling experiences. Starting to drink at a time when strategy and planning skills are still underdeveloped, and the desire for thrills is high, can have can have harmful effects on a youth’s health and safety.

Remember that drinking within these guidelines does not mean there is no risk to drinking.

“A drink” means:

Beer: 12 oz (341 ml) of 5% alcohol content

Cider/Cooler: 12 oz (341 ml) of 5% alcohol content

Wine: 5 oz (142 ml) of 12% alcohol content

Distilled alcohol (rye, gin, rum,, whiskey, etc): 1.5 oz (43 ml) of 40% alcohol content

Do not mix alcohol with other drugs or with caffeinated energy drinks. This can lead to alcohol poisoning, drug overdose, and death.

Additionally, like adults, youths who regularly consume alcohol above the low-risk guidelines increase their risk of developing chronic illnesses such as cancer, stroke, heart and liver disease.

The earlier a youth starts drinking and the more they drink, the more they are likely to develop alcohol dependence or have future problems with alcohol.

http://www.ccsa.ca/Resource%20Library/CCSA-Youth-a...

According to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AFP), two-thirds of men and one-half of women drink alcohol. Of those, three-fourths don’t develop an addiction to alcohol or experience any serious consequences as a result of their alcohol use.

http://www.healthline.com/health/alcohol-addiction...

• From my own personal college drinking experience - I'm going to say nope - that kind of drinking won't age you. People have always thought I was much younger than I am - when I was a kid, in college and for decades after - despite doing the college drinking Just don't be doing it much past college!

You're an idiot. I dont drink cause I know it ain't a wise habit. My mom is 56 but she has the energy and capability of a 86 year old cause she drank all her life. You wanna turn out that way, be my guest

• Dze

you only live 'x' number of years .. alcohol is damaging your body systems and establishing a pattern of drinking at a young age will result in you drinking every day .. instead of looking in great shape at 30-40 you'll look out of shape and wore out ..