Most romantic city you've been to?

Death Valley......

Venice, Italy in 1966 on a still summer night. Arrived at our hotel by gondola in the moonlight, silently gliding down the Grand Canal...the only sound the oar of the gondolier caressing the water, creating little whirlpools on it’s surface, disturbing the image of the crescent moon reflected thereupon. I was only a 10 y/o boy and will never forget it. Couldn’t have been more perfect, more ‘romantic’. Sh’it, what a nightmare life has turned into 53 years later...unfu’ckingreal......but thanks for that memory, mom, wherever you are...thanks for taking me and my sister.

Belushya Guba, Novya Zimlaya.

Source(s): 79

Not the city it's the person you're with that makes it romantic

The city where I am now. Romanticism is in your mind.

I could make a Taco Bell romantic by looking jealously at those burritos. Oh, wowowee!

I have yet to find it, my friend.

The most romantic city that I have personally been to was Naples Italy

Highlands, North Carolina. Spent the weekend there with my then-girlfriend back in '99 and loved every second of it. Very low key, very quaint, with numerous little mom-and-pop shops and romantic dinner spots. At least, that's what it was like back in '99. Haven't been there since, no idea if it's still like that.

Paris and Venice, a tie. Been to both several times. On thinking just now...add Rome to the list. Been there several times as well.

To be sure the European architecture, the history, make these cities memorable. But it's the people of these three places that make them romantic. Lovers sitting on the Spanish Steps in Rome, or San Marco's Square in Venice, or along the Seine in Paris just exude romance. it's catching.

Venice, Italy I know from experience 😊