Can title Max repo my car after 5 days past due ?

It's my first payment , I called and said I would be in this Thursday because how my paycheck was set up, she said she would make a note in the system ? Should I be okay ? I am going to pay just my paycheck came 5 days after.

• B

usually places give you one late pay, so don't plan to be late again on this one

Check the contract... it usually isn't in their interest to be quick on the repo trigger, but you don't want to make a habit of it.

• zipper

NO! But they can mess up your credit report because of it. If your payment is going to be late: call them in advance and tell them it will be a little late and why. They could charge you for the extra bookkeeping cost. But it takes about three months of non-payment before legal action can be taken against you and repo the car.

They will not repo it after 5 days, several months probably. They really would rather you pay because repo's are a loosing proposition for everyone.

Of course they can repo the car, and it is not yours until it has been paid in full. Late means you breached the contract, which gives them the right to repo it. If you had been paying on time for a couple of years and then were late a few days "once", they would likely give you a break and just charge a late fee but - your FIRST payment!!! Now they they know they will likely have trouble with you hereon out. Pay it when you said you would and don't be late again. Otherwise, you will get further and further behind because late fees are not cheap. Btw, and you probably don't want to hear this but, Not having the first payment means that you never could afford the car. Is it even insured? You are eating okay, aren't you?

Legally, they can repossess the car at 12:00:01am on the day after the first late payment is due.

If there is a next time, try READING the contract you signed. It is actually spelled out in plain English.

• Never

Yes, but they won't. But title max is a rip off and many people lose their cars eventually.

• Never

90% sure. They want money, not the car.

They could but that would be up to them. Just making a note does not mean a thing.

Many places will give you a one time grace, but keep in mind now your account is flagged. Find a way to pay not only your overdue payment, but the next one ON TIME, or they will take the car back. You knew it was due- now you know it is NOT OK to be late. Get a babysitting gig or something if you aren't getting paid in time. If your car is repo'd, your credit is also trash, and that means you get charged more interest on any money you borrow- you are renting money. Or, you don't get credit or a loan. DO better, fast.

• Bruce

The answer is in the contract you signed. It will outline when the payment is due, and what grace period (if any) they allow. It will also vary by state law, I see on their website they have a different link for each state.

https://www.titlemax.com/payment-guide/

I do see they suggest calling if you are going to be late. If there was a problem, they would have told you when you called.