What will it take to trigger impeachment.....majority of DEMOCRATS or majority of Independents?

Update:

or maybe I should rephrase: what will it take to trigger an IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Congress doing their jobs.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The minor problem that there is no reason Trump should be impeached and of course the fact that the American people would rebel in a way Democrats would not want to see...

• hoarseman
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I think many people think it obvious that Trump has been guilty of misdemeanors , whilst in office -- that the grounds for impeachment seem clear. Seeking help from an unfriendly foreign power and lying about it seems pretty damning .

• 5 months ago

It would take evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors. Impeachment is not supposed to be a political process.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The situation right now is that every time the Democrats start a push for impeachment two things happen:

1. Trumps approval ratings go up.

2. DNC approval ratings to down.

This translates into it would take the desire of the Democrats to commit political suicide for it to happen.

To start impeachment and to remove Trump from office are two different things. The best the DNC could hope for is to ruin his chance for re-election. If that is done they might face a better GOP opponent in the next election.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Sanity, and the ability to get around the party-before-country blockade in the Senate.

• 5 months ago
    • SMH Corp
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Interesting that you refuse to answer the question. I guess trolling is more your speed.

• 5 months ago

Congress could instigate proceedings ,but the senate would try and judge on them

So with a Republican majority in the senate , congress probably won't act ,but rely on the GOP not to support him for a second term.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Did Trump just lose the reelection polls?

• Yavan
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

As soon as the economy begins to falter and the May employment numbers show that while Trump has been lucky, it's finally coming off the rails.

The GOP wasn't going to do anything as long as they perceived they profited with Trump.

(They have no values).

Now that the plundering is done, as soon as the damage shows, they'll use him as a scapegoat.

''It's all the orange one's fault''.

Expect GOP members to also develop convenient cases of amnesia and go back to a full two years to when they opposed him.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I am personally invested in Trump not getting impeached. I will lose lots of money if he is.

• Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Can’t discuss on a public forum

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.