Has anyone ever paid for and watched a movie on YouTube? Are they authentic, I mean clear and legal?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Yes, I have watched those pay $2.99 to rent movies. They are legitimate and legal. When you go to Youtube, on the left hand side, if you scroll down is a section titled, Movies and Shows. It looks like each movie is under a channel called Youtube Movies, so there is most likely a rights agreement between the studios to be able to show those movies.

You can watch free movies, but expect low quality. I'm assuming that Youtube is hosting those movies to rent, and they are crystal clear as well.

• Lv 7
    5 months ago

noep. most of them are unauthorized and illegally uploaded.

but unless the owner complains, or until they find them, they will stay up.

it isn't illegal to WATCH them though. rather, they won't come after YOU, just the one sharing them.

• 5 months ago

I've never bought a movie on YT, but of course it is authentic. Why would you think that Google would try to sell illegal copies of movies? They would have lawsuit after lawsuit if they did that.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I do not watch movies on Youtube.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I watched for free never paid

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yeah I bought the latest Saw film off YouTube. It was clear and ran smoothly. A big company like YouTube wont launch a feature unless it works.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.