Jane asked in HealthOptical · 5 months ago

Would not wearing glasses lead me to be blind?

I'm nearsighted and have glasses but I usually wear it during class to see the board then i take it off and continue my day. I'm really scared if this will lead me to blind because I don't wear it all the time. Please help.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

No. It will just mean your eyes will be fatigued and you might be blind to some things others can see without them.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You are not helping your eyes by only wearing your glasses for certain things! Just wear them all the time as its not a big deal to wear glasses!

• 5 months ago

Please tell me that if you were really scared that not wearing your glasses would make you blind that you would wear them. If it's really true that you are doing something that you believe will have devastating effects on you in the future, you are a different kind of shortsighted. Not wearing your glasses will not damage your eyes in any significant way. However, if you continue to let vanity and expediency run your life, you are bound to run into an area where it will cause you to suffer.

• Bernd
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not true. Just get regular eye exams like the rest of us also do.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pippin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, it does not make you go blind.

• 5 months ago

No it would not do that

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not wearing glasses to correct farsightedness will cause blindness in the long run...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not wearing glasses to correct short sightedness will not cause blindness.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.