Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 5 months ago

Why are Sony TV's and other products generally more expensive than LG and Samsung or Panasonic or the Chinese brands?

Sony is the flagship quality brand of electronics especially TV's

• David

Sony has always made good quality electronics, particularly TV's. Check the ratings, they are always on top. Are they worth the extra money? Maybe, maybe not. I've got a 22 year old Sony XBR 32" CRT TV that won't die. It weighs something like 250 lbs. Still works as good as the day it was bought. I can't even get it out of the house.

Sony is a venerable brand, I think they've gotten worse

One reason is better quality,

although some Sony models are not as good as they could be.

Another reason is advertising --- yes, WE, the consumers,

pay for the advertising that promotes what we buy.

It's not itemized on the shelf sticker, but it's included in the total.

Sony TVs cheaper than Panasonic's? Not in my neck of the wood...

Other Chinese brands? First of all LG is Korean and Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony are Japanese. Chinese TVs, such as Hisense are garbage. Absolute garbage. Walmart sells them and when I worked there about 70% were returned for obvious defects. At one point we went to set up one on our wall of TV displays and had to pull 5 out of the box before we fund a working one. Seriously. Buying a Chinese TV is like going to an auto salvage yard and having the guy in charge sell you anything on the lot as brand new.

Sony is more expensive because they're better than Samsung and Panasonic and LG...LG started as the merger of two different companies. Lucks and Gold Star. Both those companies were known as the very bottom of the entire worldwide electronics industry.

Maybe because they're better