Why do some people hate pet hair?

My Ma for examples hates the stuff. If I have any on my clothes she'll immediately try to dust or pick it off and it's just annoying. She also covers all our furniture with sheets so no hair will get on it. I just see it as a clear sign of "We have pets and love them!"

Ever hear of ticks and fleas & lice?

Loving your pets does not mean you have to love and deal with excess pet hair.

I love eating my meals, but I do not leave my uneaten food or dirty plates all over the house.

Pet hair is annoying. It sticks to your clothing and looks especially awful if you are wearing anything black and have a white pet and vice verse. Pet hair on your clothing ends up in the food when you cook. Pet hair hitch hikes on your clothing to other places, like your car and all over the rest of your house. Pet hair on furniture is gross because that means pets are allowed on the furniture. Yuck.

I refuse to date anyone who allows their pets to sleep with them. The last thing I want is stinky pet smells while I sleep or pet hair sticking to my body before, during or after being intimate. Yuck.

I do love pets, I do. But, not the hair. I realize one goes with the other, but that does not mean I have to like it.

Loving your pets has no correlation with leaving their shed on you. It’s the same deal with like, lint and dandruff. If it’s all over your shirt, you’re going to look unkept and unpresentable. It’s not intended to be all over you, so leaving it there comes off as not caring.

In response to furniture, most of the population doesn’t want to sit in a dirty pile of fur from the animals that roll in whatever they find outside. That’s why my dog has her own corner of the couch nobody else sits on.

• J C

Properly groomed and fed a quality diet, you shouldn't have pet hair all over everything. My cats are groomed daily. The furniture is vacuumed weekly. Any pet hairs on my clothing are removed with a sticky tape roller. I'm not obsessive, as I do run around the house and have hairs on my clothing. But with proper care and cleaning, there is no excuse for having pet hair all over. Until recently we always had German shepherd dogs - the are one of the worst shedding dogs there is. Daily grooming - outdoors - and training the dogs to enjoy being groomed with the vacuum cleaner really made the hair pretty negligible. So does keeping the vacuum handy for a daily 'quick clean'. It's not that we hate pet hair - it's that we want to keep animals groomed and healthy, and not wear excess hair out of the house to be tracked into other people's homes, work, etc.

It doesn’t bother me as long as I don’t find my cats hair in food or on the kitchen sides, luckily he never sits on the sides in the kitchen as he knows it’s not allowed, people who say all cats do have obviously just let them and are under the assumption that you can’t train a cat like you would a dog.

Some people think of it as being unsanitary or a sign of poor hygiene, bad grooming if of a person. It being a sign of filth and not caring

If you groom your animals well, feed them a good diet, exerceise them and keep them clean (vacuumed or brush out the loose dander and dirt) then it keeps the hair trail at a minimum. We have up to 20 dogs and 6 cats running the house daily. I vacuumed the furniture and floors daily, all of 10 to 25 minutes the whole house. There’s some hair but we’re not floating in it, your black pants don’t turn white walking through the house etc. yes there’s pet hair on their furniture no big deal. If your phobic about animal hair the don’t get a live pet, stick to pet statues.

I ne’er let it get bad where it’s floating all around the house, building up artificial dogs in the hallways and I the corners, floating in the air able to drifting in the food as you eat or cook. If it’s that bad the the owners at fault for not cleaning. I’m not observe but between the dirt from the Driveway and yard and pet hair I need to do a quick once-over every day it keeps from having major cleaning days if it’s kept up.

• Zhin

I don't know for that