Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 year ago

Ford C-max parking sensor warning?

I pulled a fuse in the boot of my c-max trying to disable the rear wiper and now I've got a warning that there is a parking sensor fault and to get it serviced. Is there an easy way to rectify this?

• 1 year ago

sometimes a system with sensors needs simple resetting . sadly I am not familiar with how to check /set sensors on that vehicle. might be worth posing same question on Ford club sites ? petrol heads? etc as bound to be somebody whom has solution .

• 1 year ago

Maybe the bike rack is interfering with the parking sensor. Take off the bike rack and see if it stops.

• 1 year ago

The fuse I pulled didn't power the parking sensors or the wipers, I was trying to disable the rear wiper to put a bike carrier on the tailgate, pulled the fuse and then refitted it, I've tested it and it's ok but the warning is still on the dash

• Geo
      1 year agoReport

try cleaning the sensor.

• 1 year ago

I think yes.......

• 1 year ago

Looks like the fuse you pulled also powered the parking sensors. Fix whatever is wrong with the wiper and replace the fuse.