Spyro asked in SportsWrestling · 5 months ago

What was better in it's prime: WWE/F, TNA, or WCW?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Candle
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

I don't know if WCW or TNA truly had a 'prime'. If TNA has a prime, it's probably right now. My heart says if you count JCP era NWA that was a precursor to WCW, then it had two primes. I think mid-90's WCW also counts as a prime. With that being said, even though they had a great midcard and big stars on top, the main event level stuff wasn't always great in-ring and the midcard stuff was but wasn't always booked well. WWE's prime is debatable. If you say Golden Era was the prime, then they suffer from the same problem mid-90's WCW had. If you say New Era was prime, you had bad ratings and next to no name value and some horrible profession based gimmicks, but it might be the height of midcard and main event wrestling quality. Pity hardly anyone watched. Attitude Era was top heavy, but in the best way. They also filled the midcard with OK wrestlers at best, and while there were lots of champions, few belts meant anything. Post-Invasion WWE was a rebuilding phase similar to New Generation, but you still had some lingering stars along with a strong roster fresh out of one of the best OVW classes ever. Big names like Orton, Batista, Brock, and Cena were cultivated. Meanwhile guys like HBK, HHH, and The Undertaker were hitting their peaks and picking up main event slack. While true wrestling lost a lot of it's fan base around that time, WWE kind of kept theirs and built for a stable future. WCW's prime was way more bankable, but also bred bad business and booking habits. TNA's on the mend from being booked poorly for nearly 20 years. It's not what it was, and that's a good thing. I'd say WCW's mid-90's prime wins out for me.

• 5 months ago

for me i was a tie with wwe and wcw i miss wcw but if thy was to open it again would not be the same because i miss the guys what was on that and there to old to be back on it u know what i would like wwe to do is bring that wcw match thy use to have it is a cage match but it is like big cage then another cage on top then another on top and a mother on top forgot what it call but i think how it works is the guy to reach the top cage first wins that was a so cool to me back in the day still is

• zeeboy99 z5 months agoReport

i just remembered the name of the match WCW Triple Cage match

• 5 months ago

I would say WWF had a better prime...If people think about it WCW did not last long after Ted Turner took over.. WCW had a prime for about 2 years. As far as TNA goes they to me they are a independent company.

• 5 months ago

WCW was better in its' prime.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

ECW in it's prime (the ORIGINAL not WWECW) beats all 3 for me, but out of those, WWF (in the 90s).

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

WAPF was better back in the day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rjpM1j0RgRk

• 5 months ago

It’s a draw between WCW and attitude era WWF for me. Haven’t watched WWE since day 1 of the PG era because of the useless talent and soap opera quality acting. AEW is my new go-to for wrestling besides CZW

• Spyro5 months agoReport

Thanks for answering both of my questions with good answers.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

THA in my opinion

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.