Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 6 months ago

Android or iPhone for my mom?

My mom's flip phone finally gave out after like 8 years. So know we have to get her a new phone within a few days because she needs it in case of an emergency. My mom is not that great with technology. I have always used android but i have heard the iPhone is easier to use. Im debating what i should get her?

....................

mayber get her a phone from https://www.doro.com/

iPhones are usually easier for older people to use, simple. Sure androids can be cheaper, but you can also look into a second hand apple device, such as a iPhone SE which you can find second hand for around 100 or less.

I would definitely get her an Android.

Android is cheaper but needs most work to keep it running well, I would say iPhone 6 or 7 or 8. They are easier to use and the Apple store is simple to use and I believe they are safer from attack.

Decide who in the family will be her primary technical support person. Find your Mom a phone that is as close as possible to what the designated support family member uses.

Android. I've used both and like it or not, you have a better chance of finding a decent phone with phones with Android OS in it.

iPhone is definitely fine, but they're often times over priced. If you DO go with iPhones, go with iPhone 5s. Not only does it only cost $150~ish for a 32GB or maybe even 64GB version if you're lucky, but many apps still works on it and will likely continue to work on it for a while without any issues.

New apps will eventually not work on it anymore and that'll likely be the case by early 2020's. But regardless, at the MOMENT, as an entry level iPhone 5s is definitely a good phone to choose from if you want to go with Apple devices.

As for android, I'm a little less verse, but I'd go after Samsung phones that costs within your budget. Or any Android device regardless within your budget.

Android. I phones suck. Trust me.

Get her an Android with "easy mode" or similar.

She can switch to normal as she learns.

You already know about Android. If you get her an iPhone, you will both have to learn how to use it.

iPhone for sure. Easier to use with a wow factor