Does this chandelier look good in a French design home?

So our home is FRENCH. It has a very steep, slate roof, several gothic windows, arched ceiling, and a 25 foot high entry room with spiral staircase.

In the photo attached, you can see our dining room. In the background you see a gothic window. We have a new, all wood, true divided light gothic window with the same grid pattern being installed soon.

We really want to finish off the dining room with a chandelier that says "wow". So we are thinking about this Dresden chandelier to do the job. This would hang down from a 14 foot high arched ceiling. Thoughts?

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Quality blinds for french design.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not so much Wow as Ow. I would look for an iron one which would pick up more convincingly on the gothic theme without looking like something out of the Masque of the Red Death.

• 5 months ago

Only at night with the lights all turned off. It really is hideous.

It's more for a room with a few dead animal heads mounted around the walls, mahogany woodwork and dark red carpet.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

no, its nasty looking but it doesn’t matter, their is no design cohesiveness to the room anyway, the cabinet doors have different arches and so does the ceiling and get rid of those nasty sconce lights next to the window

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Did you not get the answer you wanted the last time you asked?

If you live in your forever home and you love that chandelier go for. It will make you happy every time you cross the room. If you're staging the home to sell in the near future it would be a financial loss. It's very distinctive in style as well as completely out of fashion with prevailing trends. New owners will want to put their own stamp on the property. It might even impede a sale by so dominating the space that viewers wouldn't feel free to imagine it not being there. It will end up on Craig's List as "free to collect."

• C
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

houses I've worked on. I still think of that house very fondly though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.