I think I have sporadic fatal insomnia?

So for the last 7 days I ve been unable to sleep much only about 4 hours a night, I think I have fatal insomnia I match all the symptoms and I can t even close my eyes at night they pop open what should I do?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You sound like me. I've had sporadic insomnia for years, and I haven't died yet. See your doctor. He'll probably prescribe a short, 2-month course of 5 mg. Ambien sleeping tablets. Take one before you go to bed at night, & you'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. They won't make you feel "doped up" the next morning.

• 6 months ago

Stop doing meth.....

• 6 months ago

You MAY like to see your doctor about your psychological disorder. S/he MAY refer you to see a psychiatrist or a psychologist in an attempt to find out why YOU believe you might have Sporadic Fatal Insomnia.

• M.P.
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You'll be ok. For 5 years I slept 2 hours a night and not only survived but thrived!... I may or may not have been bipolar with a drinking problem at the time but get yourself checked for any mood disorders or substance abuse issues anyway (that includes prescription meds with side effects like insomnia).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It is an incredibly rare condition so highly unlikely.

It is progressive over months or years, not merely 4 days.

Insomnia is common and rarely fatal.

If concerned, see a doctor.

• Tarkarri
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

My daughter suffers chronic insomnia.
      She can go weeks of less than 4 hours sleep a night.
      She can go more than 48 hours with no sleep at all.
      It has been more than 20 years since she had s 'normal' sleep pattern eith regular sleep.
      Just insomnia.

• 6 months ago

Just try to relax yourself as best as you can. Try watching TV or reading. Even surfing the Web helps. And if not, you might want to see a doctor.

• 6 months ago

You should definitely see a doctor. They will most likely prescribe you a sleeping pill.

• 6 months ago

Makes sure your affairs are in order.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.