How do I prevent sims 4 cc from running in the task manager of my computer/taking up space on my drive?

I wanna download sims 4 cc but the last time I did, my computer got really slow because the cc I downloaded was running in the background of my computer so things like internet explorer wouldn't even open up at one point. My sims 4 game was fine and fully functional, but it was just my computer itself that had... show more I wanna download sims 4 cc but the last time I did, my computer got really slow because the cc I downloaded was running in the background of my computer so things like internet explorer wouldn't even open up at one point. My sims 4 game was fine and fully functional, but it was just my computer itself that had problems. My dad had to fix my computer about three or so times because of the contents of the cc running in the background which solved the problem for a short amount of time before I used my old cc since the cc I already had got deleted when my dad was fixing mu computer. After that my computer had to be taken to a shop to be fixed since the cc I downloaded put so much stuff on my computer. Because all that happened I took a break from sims 4 for a couple months and uninstalled the game, but now I wanna play sims 4 again with cc and mods but I don't want my computer to be affected by the cc and mods. Are there websites that prevent this problem from happening or do all cc websites do this? Advice?

Ps: When I downloaded cc the first time I used TSR.
1 answer 1