Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Fed-Ex temporarily lost a package with live feeder insects, and I wont get it until Monday. If insects are dead can I get a refund?

I purchased feeder worms and paid 12 dollars shipping for them to arrive within 2 days (where they are still alive. done this before with no issue)

However today, when the package was supposed to arrive, I got a call from my room mate saying that a fedex driver came by, but supposedly didn't have my package and that they will find it and get it to me by Monday.

I am not sure the worms will be alive by then so is it possible to get a refund from fedex if this is the case?

Update:

okay so the company I bought the insects from contacted me after a few days and sent out another package as the first one never made it. Apparently they had insurance haha.

Just in case anyone needs to know.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

They will probably just want to refund you for the two day shipping. Put up a stink if you have to buy them again. Tell them not only did they kill the worms by losing the package but that's animal/insect abuse. At the very least, they ought to refund you for the worms too but, they will probably require that you insured the worms.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

its possible, i would just ask thern for one and see

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Fed-ex is a mess . You are not their customer, the shipper is .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.