Fed-Ex temporarily lost a package with live feeder insects, and I wont get it until Monday. If insects are dead can I get a refund?

I purchased feeder worms and paid 12 dollars shipping for them to arrive within 2 days (where they are still alive. done this before with no issue) However today, when the package was supposed to arrive, I got a call from my room mate saying that a fedex driver came by, but supposedly didn't have my package and... show more I purchased feeder worms and paid 12 dollars shipping for them to arrive within 2 days (where they are still alive. done this before with no issue)
However today, when the package was supposed to arrive, I got a call from my room mate saying that a fedex driver came by, but supposedly didn't have my package and that they will find it and get it to me by Monday.
I am not sure the worms will be alive by then so is it possible to get a refund from fedex if this is the case?
Update: okay so the company I bought the insects from contacted me after a few days and sent out another package as the first one never made it. Apparently they had insurance haha.
Just in case anyone needs to know.