What kind of drill and drill bit do i need to go through brick?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

A masonry bit is made for brick. ANY drill is MORE than capable of drilling through MOST brick.

A hammer drill is OVERKILL for 99% of jobs.

• 6 months ago

hammer drill and a masonry drill bit

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A hammer drill and a masonry bit.

• whoo
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

go to the hardware store and tell them what you need they will help you out . there are sp drill bits for that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Brian
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

A diamond tipped bit is top of the line for most drilling needs, but the added cost may not warrant purchasing the bit if it will not be used very often. The more affordable two are cabide or tungsten. I would go with tungsten.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Carbide-TIPPED drill bit ..................

• 6 months ago

How deep, how wide, and how often? For a handful of small holes, any drill and bit will do, as long as you don't mind the hole turning out a bit larger than the drill bit.

On the other hand, for deeper/larger holes, or more than a handful, I'd use (ok, I'd use them anyways since I have them lying around) carbide tipped drill bits in a hammer drill. Just take care you don't bring the whole wall down, especially if it's a thin wall.

• 6 months ago

Basically any drill bit will make holes in brick a few times. But carbide masonry bits are the best for that.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Hammer drill and carbide bit.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.