Kiwi asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

I need a slow, gradual workout routine?

I was thin all my life, and it wasn't until the last few years that I've been putting on the pounds. I've lost all confidence in myself and I can't even look at myself in the mirror without wanting to cry. I've never really gotten into sports or bothered exercising because I've never had issues with weight before. I know, this is a result from my own choices, but I'd like to reverse it. I'm not incredibly overweight, I'm about 6ft tall and 200lbs, but the number isn't the real issue. I have no endurance, no muscle built up aside from the bare minimum I need to move and do my daily routine, and every day my body aches as if I have been working out. I know the aching can be a side affect from lack of exercise, but I'm sick of it. Everything hurts all the time and I'm tired of looking disgusting. Work out routines that I find online are for people who atleast have some regular exercise or muscle mass, I have none. I need something slow and easy to start with every day that won't tear my muscles or leave me in so much pain that I can't work out again the next day.

Walk. Then walk a bit faster, then maybe walk a bit faster up a hill.

This will build up a great general base. From there you can get in to some very light resistance training with cables or light dumbbells, but I would recommend getting a trainer for that

Walking is easy. Go for a walk after work--or maybe get a dog you have to walk. You can't be that weak. Endurance will build. You just need to give it a few weeks.