When somebody asks me a question at work theres a colleague who keeps butting in and answering. Its frustrating. How do I handle it?

• Rick

When that person starts to answer, interrupt them and say, 'I believe they were asking me this question.' It's an assertive way of handling the situation. If it happens again, say exactly the same thing to them. They'll learn to be quiet when a question is being directed to you.

• k w

maybe get up with the other person and walk away, continuing the conversation, nothing needs to be said, actions speak louder than words...and be sure to tell that to the other half of the conversation, to say nothing ......

• Kenny

Say "hay Sheldon, he asked me ! Not you . Me ."

• Jim

Turn to them and say: "Shut the h e l l up for once."

Well, retort back in a polite & sensible way. Let the frustrating colleague butt in & then you revert in a positive manner.