Should I give up on getting my email back? Yahoo is no help.?

I was able to access an old email i've had for 12 years? or so with just the name and password about a year ago. I got the account recovery to my new number and things were fine. but because i use non-contract phones my number tends to change. There was never a problem till my account wanted me to get another... show more I was able to access an old email i've had for 12 years? or so with just the name and password about a year ago. I got the account recovery to my new number and things were fine. but because i use non-contract phones my number tends to change. There was never a problem till my account wanted me to get another text to verify my number. now when i try to sign it only gives me the option to fill out the rest of my old phone number, or click i do not have access. if i click i do not have access it gives me the uh oh message and tells me i cant sign in. I dont know what to do. This email is tied to alot of different accounts and its very frustrating that yahoo has no real support unless you pay money? But that doesnt help me cause i cant tie it to that account because i cant sign in!
Update: It tells me i cant sign in because i have no other recovery options. When i know before this account had recovery questions also thats how i got it back in the first place.