Are hamburgers sandwiches?

Poll time.

It's a type of sandwich.

You keep commenting on answers saying burgers can be eaten without a bun. While that is true it would no longer be an entire burger but just a meat patty, it's a sandwich while inside the bread and it isn't without the bread.

I think they can be technically but I probably wouldn't call it one when ordering one.

• Tara

Yeppers … I think burgers are in the sandwich family.

No, they're not

• Clive

If it's poll time, why didn't you put this in the poll section? I've moved it for you. Anyway, the definition of a sandwich is something between two pieces of bread. Sounds like a hamburger to me.

• ckngbbbls

if its eaten without bread its not a hamburger sandwich...just like a slice of cheese eaten alone is not a cheese sandwich. Are you an idiot perhaps??

Yes, hamburgers are sandwiches.

• Jesere

yes they are such

No they’re not. Hamburgers are hamburgers

• Mithter T-Reckth

@Killmouseky if you eat a hamburger without a bun it is just a hamburger patty or as some would call it a hamburger steak.

• .

yes, to me anyway, hamburger sandwich