When it comes to building up my credit score, would it be better for me to get a United Heritage Credit Union debit card or a credit card?

I very recently asked a very similar question to this one, but failed to specify the type of United Heritage Credit Union card i needed as to increase my credit score, whether if it's a debit card or a credit card from the credit union i use. That's why i'm asking when it comes to building up my credit score, would it be better for me to get a United Heritage Credit Union debit card or a United Heritage Union credit card and why? It's extremely important for me to know these kinds of financial facts because i'm trying to get my own place, finally move out of the nest, and with GOD's help, STAY OUT of the nest.

Also, one of the tellers at the credit union i use said that either a debit card or a credit card from them would show that i'm responsible with debt, but i wanted to get several other answers from different people before making a final decision.

• B

credit card shows you responsibly pay off debts, so that is the one

A debit card does not increase your score.

A credit card is the only type of card that can increase your score.

Debit card does not build credit. If your score is low, you may need to get a secured card. Discover is best.

• Eva

A debit card does nothing for your credit score.