Awards evening I was invited to?

I was invited to my school’s awards assembly and it’s in 3 weeks I’ll find out what subject I got it for on the day I really want to get it for computer science because it’s my best subject My computing teacher announced a month ago that she nominated someone in my class for the award and everyone said that it was... show more I was invited to my school’s awards assembly and it’s in 3 weeks I’ll find out what subject I got it for on the day I really want to get it for computer science because it’s my best subject

My computing teacher announced a month ago that she nominated someone in my class for the award and everyone said that it was going to be me and she then said that I would’ve been her second choice The class then said that it would be this other person but he didn’t get invited to the assembly

I’ve talked to my friends about this and they said that it is going to be me and I also have this instinct that I got the computer science award because I did extra coding at home and asked for more work that I can complete I was also invited to a computing school trip that only 7 others were invited to My teacher also is a feminist and encourages other girls so I have a feeling that she did pick a girl (could be me) she also picked me as a “computing star” earlier this year

However, there’s this other girl who went on this computing trip and is in my class that did get invited to the awards assembly (but I think she was picked for Spanish because my god she is talented at speaking the language) but she has lower predicted grades than me and isn’t as enthusiastic at the subject and doesn’t contribute much

I’m sorry if I sound incredibly narcissistic but I want someone else’s views on this because I really want to get this award and I can’t stop thinking about it so please tell me your thoughts
1 answer 1