Jess asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 12 months ago

Being forced to fast for 2 days!!?

I’ve fasted before (or tried, I will admit I snuck an apple). My mom basically wants to do this thing where we fast for two days along with some other members of our church. I love my mom to death, and religion is really important to her. I don’t want to let her down, even if I’m not really religious. I’ve never not eaten for more than 48 hours. I can apparently only drink water. Does anyone have any tips for surviving this fast?? I also have to train because I play lacrosse and my coach is super strict, so I’ll have to also go workout on nothing but water it my stomach. Any tips for getting through the fast? Ways to fight off hunger?

• ?

you need to contact CPS

• Julie S

For two days? Really?

Being forced to fast? How so? You run out of money? Get a job you hippie. Someone have a gun to tour head? You're on here, but cannot call the police? No. Don't believe that.

• Jess12 months agoReport

i’m 15, why would i call the police on my mom?

• audrey

Tell her you will call CPS if she tries to force you to starve. Then do it!

• Julie S

Nobody starves in two days!!

Eat anyways. Don’t listen to them.

• Julie S

That's horrible advice.

Your mother shoudn't force you to do a unhealthy diet, fasting is just starving oneself in reality, she can't force you to do anything, have a talk with her, and hope she understands, if she doesn't move out as soon as possible.

atheist trolling **************************** ******************************

• Jess12 months agoReport

???

• Benny

Sad that your mom's church is more important to her than your health and well-being. If she tries forcing you to fast, you should call the cops.

• Julie S

IT'S ONLY TWO DAYS!!!

The best thing to know is that hunger is not linear. What I mean by that is while you feel your hunger growing it is easy to panic and think that it will keep on getting worse and worse and worse. This is not the case. You might feel hungry for a while but those hunger pangs will go away again too. You just have to be patient, and drink lots of water, and trust the fact that your hunger will go away and you will not die from starvation. In fact, short term fasts are good for you physically even if you don't believe in the religious angle.

• megalomaniac

This is also a good one if you want to learn about intermittent fasting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW7g_KD52PA