Can Twins of Different Genders be Different Heights?

If there a male twin and a female twin, are they more likely to be different heights?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Yes they can. Twins of the same gender can be different heights

• 5 months ago

Yes, they come from different eggs just as singleton pregnancies

• 5 months ago

Simply yes,

You can have twins with different colour, different size and different gender. This is because of identicity of the twins. Twins can either identical or non identical twins. If they are identical twins they are created with same egg and sperm, they will become two some part of the devision oocyte. They will be almost same in everything.

But the non identicals are quite deffernt, they will be created by meeting of two sperms with two eggs (rarely two eggs can be released at once.) They might be different or same. But they are not identical to each other.

• blank
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Twins whether identical or in the case not identical are two different people. So either way they could end up at different heights which is more then likely. Twins no matter sometimes even identical can grow to be different heights.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I'm a triplet, two girls, of which I'm one, and a boy. My brother is over six feet tall. My sister is five nine. I'm five feet. None of us are the same height.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Absolutely.

The had different sperm - that is absolute because different sperm is the ONLY way they could be different genders. This means each one has THEIR OWN genetic code which is going to determine their height and other features, like hair and eye color.

They also most likely come from different eggs. So, their mother most likely released two eggs at ovulation instead of just one. There is some small chance that two sperm hit the same egg and the egg split because of that - but not likely - two eggs is much more likely. (the egg splitting usually is one egg and one sperm and results in identical twins - which are always the same gender.)

Basically, a male and female twin set are just SIBLINGS that just happened to share their mother's uterus at the same time. SIBLINGS can come in a variety of sizes with a variety of feature differences even though they have shared genetics.

• 5 months ago

Obviously. Are you really that dense?

• Snid
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Absolutely. So can identical twins.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

It's much less likely for identical twins to be of different heights. If they are, the height differential is usually very small.

• 5 months ago

Male-female twins are always dizygotic so they usually are.

• James
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

they are two different people, different heights, different strengths, different weaknesses, different hair color , different eye color two different people

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.