17 year olds insurance on 2005 mustang ?

I’m looking into buying myself a used 2005 mustang. I have the money to buy it but I’m not sure how much insurance is. I’ve had my license for 11 months now and have yet to get in any accidents or receive any tickets. Impressive right. Now i just need to know would insurance be more expensive with the type of car it is ?

• F

It's not the movies. 17 yos don't drive Mustangs in real life because of the cost of insurance.

This is a question for insurance providers, not online total strangers. Call up an insurance broker or six and ask them, and they'll tell you.

I would suggest online shopping, but a) it's got a 50-50 accuracy rating at best and b) most of the websites will tell you they can't help you once you enter your age. Teenagers scare the living hell out of insurance providers, with good reason.

One thing is for sure, it will be expensive. Depending on where you live, you'll be paying anywhere between an arm & a leg and holy Jesus Christ are you kidding me.

• May

Ask an insurance agent what insurance might cost. How would we know?

Jeez !

Yes. A teenager with a sporty car makes insurance agents drool. You are looking at $5,000 a year.

Your parent's have to call their car insurance company and get a quote then MAYBE add you to their policy.

Lots. You are under age 25 and will be driving a high risk vehicle.

You need to call various insurance companies and ask them before you buy the car. It will be pretty stiff as you are a TEEN BOY and it will be with a SPORTS CAR. You need to consider something like a Focus or Corolla.

• Ron

It's whatever an insurance company local to you will charge

• Will

Probably $100 per month because of the car and then add an additional ten or twenty dollars because you're still a kid with under five years of driving experience. So, you'd be paying anywhere between $100 and $150 a month to insure it. And the six month premium would probably be no less than $550

The exact cost varies depending on who the insurer is and what you ask for in the plan. And based on your ego, I bet this car will get to your head and you will drive more recklessly behind the wheel of it until you are at fault for the crash you caused.

depends on where you live ........................ call a couple agents and get quotes ...................