Amazon delivery driver? Legal help questions?

My boyfriend works for a company called Letter Ride that works with Amazon to deliver packages. I’m worried for him and his well being at that job. We’re both relatively young in your early 20’s and he constantly feels as if he is being overworked and is forced to work in unsanitary/unsafe conditions. The company... show more My boyfriend works for a company called Letter Ride that works with Amazon to deliver packages. I’m worried for him and his well being at that job. We’re both relatively young in your early 20’s and he constantly feels as if he is being overworked and is forced to work in unsanitary/unsafe conditions. The company constantly makes him deliver a high package rates, soo high in fact that he has to speed, roll through stop signs, and drive unsafely just to finish on time because they tell him “No help, no rescues, be done by 5:30.” He has tried to tell them the package rate he if comfortable with but to them it’s all numbers. He even has to pee in bottles in the back of the company vehicle because there is no time for restroom stops, he’s even found other co workers urine cups in company vehicles before because no one checks them and cleans them. The company vehicles are also not maintained very well with almost every vehicle needing maintenance like new tires, oil chances, broken doors, broken windshield wipers etc. he also isn’t given proper equipment during work because sometimes they don’t give him the cellphone car mounts to hold the phone that shows the delivery route and he’s forced to use a phone and drive at the same time. I’m worried for him and I wonder what would happen to him if he gets into an accident? Could his job throw him under the bus? Is there anything we can do besides find another job?(because that takes time and he’s in the process of looking right now)
11 answers 11