Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 5 months ago

what would you say the minimum size tank for a betta fish and 3-4 neon tetras?

you might need a strong tank maybe a m1A2 Main battle tank to take out that army

A 20 gallon tank is the minimum! You must keep at least 6 neon tetra, so you need to get 8 or more, their will be losses, neons are very sensitive.

ive had good results with an M1 Abrams against most fish, but you may need air support, or god forbid the navy

• Ocimom

Minimum would be 10-15 gallon tank with plenty of plants and hiding spots. Your tetras should be in a group of 5-6 minimum too.

I would say that having the smallest tank possible doesn't lead to a healthy tank.

20 gallon in my opinion. You always want to have 8+ neon tetras.

• Teal

Bare minimum would be 10 gallons, assuming you cycle your tank first. Save yourself some frustration and get a 20 gallon tank, cycle it, and make sure you provide lots of hiding spaces and plants. Betas are jerks, that's just how they are. They need a territory, so do the tetras. You would do better to just choose one species for a 20 gal. and maybe a snail or very small shrimp colony as a companion.

I'd say a five gallon tank would be the minimum size for this. My betta is living in a 1/2 gallon tank, and although it's small he's been perfectly healthy ever since I got him, about a year and a half ago. However, if there's going to be other fish in there you obviously want a bigger tank. Bettas can be aggressive with other fish, so it's important to allow plenty of room. You should get at least six neon tetras to go with your betta, as they are schooling fish and should stay in a school to keep your betta safe. Tetras are fin nippers which is obviously dangerous for your betta, but they're usually okay when in larger groups.

• noselessman

only a few species of tetra are notorious fin nippers, all schooling fish that are not in a school can be fin nippers.