Can I mow a lawn without permission?

If you see a random yard that needs mowed and the homeowners aren't home to ask and you just mow it, is it seen as an act of kindness or as an act of criminal trespass?

Trespass . Why not knock on the door and say , hey ,

would you like me to mow your lawn for free ?

I would like to see you try and then see if the homeowners report a lawn being mowed

There was an older widow lady that live three doors down from me. While she was alive I would come by with my push mower when hers needed cutting and do it, she did not know it was me but commented on how much she appreciated that someone had done it. Her family sent her off to a nursing home and house was sold.

STAY OFF MY LAWN... IF I want it cut I WILL DO IT... I do not want you or anyone else walking on my grass.. It took me years to get it to grow this well and this high so stay off it... SEE MY SIGN... "KEEP OFF THE GRASS" smoke it instead....

Thank you for the gesture as I can not thank the anonymous person who cleared my drive of ice and snow this past winter. Came back home and it had been cleared completely on two different occasions. I was elated as I had sprained my ankle and could just clear a small patch to get in and out of the garage.

NEVER did it once enter my mind to start yelling trespassing or anything but I guess there are evil people in the world.

Here is what I would do, go to their door and introduce yourself and tell the person you are going to mow their lawn as your act of kindness for that day. They say no, and mean it, then just walk away.

• John

Do it at 2am.Do it at 2am.

No you cannot do that

• Clive

Of course not. Someone else's property is THEIR property. Keep OFF it unless you have legal permission.

• Nuff Sed

If they want to keep you out, under NH law, they must either post it with proper signs or enclose it. If they want to sue for trespass, they must prove actual damage.

Both. I do not know how some unidentified person is likely to react.

I would not do it. There may be a reason the grass is not cut. Some lawn treatments have to be let go for 24 hours.